Old 12-06-2006, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Sick peonies.

I have transplanted about 20 peonies within the last couple of years. Some
bloomed the following year and some have not bloomed for me ever. I was
told that they were probably put too deep into the ground, so I raised
several of them up some. Now most look OK and have buds on, but they havent
opened. Some have bloomed and have quit for the year. Some have one or two
leaves that look curled up from insects. And some have all the leaves
looking like they are trying to close up.

I have them all on two soaker hoses (one 35 ft long and one 65 ft long). I
leave the water on for 30 to 45 minutes every 4 or 5 days, and the dirt is
moist around the plants. Could I be giving them too much water or could
they not be getting enough? I havent given them any fertalizer for going on
2 years now.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get them going for next year? I
have been told that it takes a couple of years after transplanting to get
them to respond, but two bloomed this year after being moved last fall.

Thanks in advance.

Dwayne