Old 12-06-2006, 04:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Plant Info

Default ideas to support gladiolus

For most plants that need support, I have a method of staking that is
inexpensive and usually works. Push bamboo stakes in the ground around the
plant (or group of plants) about 8-10 inches apart. Then use the twist tie
that comes on a roll or thick twine and loop it around each stake,
connecting them to each other.

Suzy O, Wisconsin, zone 5

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for ideas on how to support glads.
I've thought of suspending some concrete reinforcing wire above the bed
but I'm afraid the rusty wires might saw thru the flower stems.
Maybe not.
If you've had success with this method or have other successes please
share them. The glads will soon be blooming in Kentucky!

Thanks!
Dan D.