Old 12-06-2006, 04:32 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Where to put pumps?

Is it easier (less HP, less money and electric, less priming) for a pump to
push rather than pull water? I plan on a 3' waterfall about 30' from the
pond flowing in a stream, dropping another foot, to the pond. Should I put
a submersible pump in the bottom of the pond and push water to the waterfall
or put it above ground at the waterfall end and pull water? I'm assuming I
will have my filters at the waterfall end.

Any advise or sites? Approx what HP and gph will I need to shop for?
Thanks
Chip

Hi Chip, Check out my website. Don't put the pump in the pond. Use gravity
from the pond to the filter, then up to the water fall. ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a