Old 12-06-2006, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default new idea for barrier to stop slugs

"Sla#s" wrote in message
jww wrote:

I had so many plants slaughtered by slugs last year so decided to try the
anti-slug nematodes this year.
I have to say that it was a great success. All the plants normally stunted
by
slugs early in the season are thriving. Eight weeks on I just noticed a
return of the slugs, so I have just ordered another batch of nematodes.

Nemaslug is very effective but a bit faffy (timing and conditions have to be
right and they often don't so-incide with our life) and it's expensive.
What's more, you can't use it in the winter and my cabbages grow through the
winter. I have no experience of hostas.

Mary