Old 12-06-2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Drought-resistant perennials

Hello everyone;

Last week-end, we removed two overgrown lilac and spirea shrubs which
were almost totally obstructing the view from a south-facing bow
window.

Now that we can see outside again, we need to replant the area with
mid-sized perennials (2 feet high max.). The bed will be approx. 5
feet wide by 2 feet deep, and because it will be right next to the
house's foundations, the plants must be able to survive on God's water
only.

The area can best be described as part sun, part shade (more lilacs on
each side of the bow window).

Any suggestions?

LD, Zone 4 (Ottawa, ON)