Old 18-03-2003, 12:20 AM
zookeeper

Default Toooooo Coooool

Wow, Joe, lucky you!! Now you tell those robins that I want them back
here before the end of March; spring weather always seems to stay warm
once the robins return. And ... I really getting tired of listening to
the blue jays' squawks!

We have a duck couple (mom and dad) that wander our neighborhood all
spring, summer, fall, eating slugs, snails, bugs, etc. Sometimes we have
to drive slowly so they can finish crossing the road or finish their
bathing in a mud puddle. Last year, they discovered our pond on a
flyover; they flew in several mornings in a row to bathe and check out
the duck food in and around the pond's edge. Yesterday was the first
sighting of the ducks for this year. Unfortunately, our pharaoh hounds
think it's great sport to chase them away; I thought one dog was going
to go as far as jumping in just to chase the ducks away! and the other
almost ran into the fence while looking up as the ducks were flying
away. Aaaahhhhh, springtime!!
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond

joe wrote:
One of the things I really love about my pond is watching birds ...

... This morning, looking out my living room window, a huge flock of
birds flew by and settled in a large eucalyptus tree in the canyon
just beyond my yard. I got my binoculars out and looked. They were
robins! There must have been a couple hundred of them ...