Old 12-06-2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Powerless Agronomist

Default Tomatos - pinch suckers? Let them sprawl?

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
I have some tomatoes growing like crazy - including putting out healthy
suckers. Is there any generally agreed on "best" way to grow tomatoes?
Pinch suckers? Tie to trellis? Let sprawl? Any voices of experience here
that would like to comment?

Generally we cut all the suckers, and last years cause of lot of rain we
leave only one or two branches the most, cause conditions for diseases and
it shows the most effective and we don't change it.