Old 13-06-2006, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nightingale

Default Cucurbita Love!

tenacity wrote:
Thank you so much! I didn't know what to do with them.

I plan on painting them and hanging them on my pond gazebo- I have at
least four coming. They're so cool - I grew them on a fluke this year
but
l'll plant them more carefully next year. I'll put them along my front
fence to make the most of my vines and get more of the flowers
available to the bugs and bees.

Gourds are great. I normally have birdhouse,
dipper and apple gourds, but last year I planted
some spinner gourds, too. These little guys spin
like tops and are small so you can carry one in
your pocket. I painted mine in bright spirals so
they look like they're winding when they spin.

Next year I want to try some bushel gourds ;-)

This is all a bit off-topic on an edible gardens
list. Try here for more info:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/gourds/

Enjoy!

-K