Old 13-06-2006, 03:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default Dalmation on duty

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Chas Hurst" wrote in message

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
We had overnight guests last night as we were to take them to the
airport
at 3AM. We also have a 14 yo Dalmation named Chief (female) who is
very spoiled, has the run of the place, and feels obligated to
protect us. About 1AM she tears off the bed and out the flip door
barking like crazy - louder and longer than usual - right below the
guests open window. It is not unusual for her to go out when she
hears / smells (?) a skunk, racoon, or cat in the middle of the
night. But she really went at it last night. This morning we found
the reason - there was an opposum caught in the hav-a-hart trap we
had set for Mr Woodchuck. Bleary eyed people on a plane leaving
Albany airport.

They missed the opposum and eggs, with hash browns?

They wouldn't be bleary-eyed after that meal. But I b'lieve grits might
more correct than h/browns.

I agree on the grits - but don't laugh - my daughter was into road-kill a
few years ago. Thank God I haven't heard anything about it in the past
couple years. I know she gutted something and had it in my ex-wifes
freezer. I didn't discourage her at that particular time.

Dang, I looked high and low for a girl like that when I was a youngin' to
no avail...always had to teach my girlfriends how to kill em and clean em'.