Old 13-06-2006, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan

Default Beer trap for Vine Weevil?

In article om,
"Gardening_Convert" wrote:

shazzbat wrote:
"JennyC" wrote in message
Came down this morning to find a Vine Weevil in the dregs of a beer glass
left in the kitchen sink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am now wondering whether it might work for them as well as for slugs?

Could be. Are you going to have a trial and let us know?

Steve

Jenny,

I would say that my immediate concern is why there was any beer
left ???
Surely in this heat, with the footie on and a water shortage you are
duty bound to drink every drop especially is if was good stuff

Joking apart if you are going to do a trial are you going to try
different strengths of beer etc to see which works best , also what
about cider does that work ?

I pity you if you have sufficient vine weevils to do a reasonable
trial...