Old 13-06-2006, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Philip Lewis

Default ideas to support gladiolus

writes:
I actually had one nursery man to recommend digging a moat and filling
it with concrete to contain bamboo!!! Yikes!

you can get clumping bamboo, which is easy enough to keep in check.
If you get runner bamboo, 2-3' deep trench and epdm rubber should keep
it in check. I've only read this on sites and in the bamboo
newsgroups, Someone is bound to tell you how wrong i am.

That's the problem with big lots... they usually only run on overstock
so they don't always have stuff you need.

--
May no harm befall you,
flip