Old 13-06-2006, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mark

Default How do I plant on the slope without making real terraces?

The place of my garden is such that I can not make it in the real
terraces.
Garden will be in the front yard.
Nothing big, because it will look bad for our neighbourhood association
and they will bug me. I do not want that.

Can I just somehow make a small horisontal place for each plant from
dirt.? How do I make it stay and not be washed away after watering?
What can I do withou spending a lot of money for bricks, etc,etc,etc.
And at the same time not to spend too much time building some kind of
boxes for each plant?

Can branches I will cut from the trees to come up with something that
will keep place a horisontal, and not too loose organic matter fast?
The slope is not really very steep. I say not even 45 degrees.