Old 13-06-2006, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me here

Default strimmer

"The Reid" wrote in message
the grass round my allotment is really overgrown, I have a little
battery strimmer which wont hardly touch it, would a big macho
petrol one do the job, recommendations?

Any of the Honda engines range.
You'll appreciate the lack of vibration and smell of 2 stroke won't be there
either.

Some packs have a brushcutter attachment too. Watch the feet ;-)

Full face mask is essential, as would be earplugs for longer periods of use.

Oh,
By the way,

You'll have fun picking the bits of thistle, nettle and weed from your
clothing and socks. especially when it all starts to itch like F**k ;-)