Old 14-06-2006, 01:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer

Default ID possible problems

TQ wrote:

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message

I've posted four photos at the site below (let me know if the link
doesn't work).

The first two are Bell pepper plants that have a yellow-lime green
discolouration on the outer part of the leaf. The third pic is the
cucumber that has some white spots and the celery in the fourth pic also
has some white spots (powdery mildew?). This is my first time growing
these plants. Just curious if these are normal or cause for concern.

I've used a little potato dust on the pepper (and tomatoes in the same
greenhouse) cause it has been humid. I used a baking soda/water solution
on the celery and cucumber.

http://community.webshots.com/myphot... curity=CDIBDZ

White stuff on cucumbers and celery doesn/t look like powdery mildew to me.
My first inclination is to rub it off with a finger and see what happens.

The pepper looks like it has a nutrient problem evidenced by the green veins
and is more serious. I might try a foliar feeding and hope for the best.

Thanks...I'll try that.

..

Zone 5a in Canada's Far East