Old 13-06-2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Complete Novice and my garden is dying

Jupiter writes
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:08:47 +0000, KBellamy
wrote:

Could you get your contractor to come back and have a look and
possibly propose some solution? I'm assuming this was an expensive
operation and these losses must be distressing. Some after-sale
service wouldn't be unreasonable. We must hope that the chosen plants
were actually suitable for the ground conditions in the first place.
I have an open mind about some 'Landscape Gardeners'. One lives near
me and is always busy grasscutting, rotovating, laying patios, fencing
and the like. He admired my dahlias in the front garden and confessed
that he'd never been able to get them to grow. Well, growing dahlias
is hardly rocket science! In fact, as long as you keep them fed and
watered, it's quite hard for them not to grow.

Jupiter's advice is sensible. Meanwhile, it'd help us if we knew which
plants were dying - can you post a picture somewhere and give us a link?
I can see you're posting from gardenbanter, and they allow you to post
pics.

It's quite possible that the deaths are because they weren't sensible
plants for the location. But we need a better clue as to what the plants
are to know that.
--
Kay