Old 13-06-2006, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Working with or Controlling Nature?

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
A previous thread had the guts of a good discussion on people's different
opinions on whether we gardeners are working with Nature or controlling
it.
My Garden is for my pleasure and that fact that the birds and bees like
it
is a bye product. I do think that the weeds feel they have been subjected
unfair control and claim I am not working with Nature.

I leave quite a few ' weeds' to grow in my garden because I see them as
just wild flowers. Don't know the name of some of them but one is the
creeping buttercup. I have another yellow flowering wild plant and a
tall pink one, also some huge daisies. Anyway isn't a weed anything
which is growing where you don't want it too?

So long as it flowers it is pretty safe in my garden Rupert :-) I am
just madly in love with nature full stop.

Gail :-)

I took a liking to Borage and allowed it to seed freely.
I spent several hours today digging out just a few plants with roots as
thick as my arm. Bloody stuff I *shall* control it .
Would you like a few seeds of Borage or Comfrey, perchance you might like
some Sasa Bamboo:-)