Old 13-06-2006, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Working with or Controlling Nature?

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:59:20 +0100, tom&barbara wrote
(in message .com):

I leave quite a few ' weeds' to grow in my garden because I see them as
just wild flowers. Don't know the name of some of them but one is the
creeping buttercup. I have another yellow flowering wild plant and a
tall pink one, also some huge daisies. Anyway isn't a weed anything
which is growing where you don't want it too?

So long as it flowers it is pretty safe in my garden Rupert :-) I am
just madly in love with nature full stop.

Gail :-)

I'm pulling out a lot of weeds now and some of them might actually be nice
things to let grow- if only I knew which ones they were. For example I'm
pulling out a lot of clover lately and I have it in the back of my mind
somewhere that it is a fairly benign plant. Could be wrong about that though.

What would be really useful is a book or web page that informs about wild
flowers and -most importantly- shows which ones would be tame enough to keep.
I don't suppose there is such a book or web site in existence....?

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)