Old 14-06-2006, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default ID please ??

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:23:40 +0200, "JennyC"

In message , Sacha
writes
On 12/6/06 16:15, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

Hi

I've lost the label.......................!

Anyone recognise this bulb:
http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/oddsandsods.htm

It's a Lachenalia of some sort, says Ray.

I'd've said Veltheimia bracteata. (I don't know what features distinguish
Veltheimia from Lachenalia.) (City of) Birmingham Botanic Gardens grow
this.
Stewart Robert Hinsley

I'm pleased to pronounce Stewart as the winner of this weeks 'guess the
plant' competition :~))))
I shall label it asap and make a note in my notebook as well.
Thanks Jenny

I have four, grown as seed from Chiltern a few years ago but not
flowered yet. My info is that likes a shady spot, is dormant in the
summer, and likes it moist and free draining in the winter when it
flowers (I live in hope!). It's also supposed to be fairly frost
resistant, but I can't vouch for that; mine are still in pots in the
g/h.

--
Chris