Old 14-06-2006, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub

Default Snake bite while weeding

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:11:26 -0400, "Sgt.Sausage"
wrote:

I live outside Cincinnati Ohio. As far as I know, we don't have
any poisonous snakes in the area. Every once in a while, I hear
of a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend-who-knows-someone-who-
knows-someone that got bitten by something poisonous -- but
when you follow these things through and investigate, it always
turns out to be unsubstantiated rumor mill stuff.

I've been outside nearly every day of my life in this area for ...
oh ... 'bout the last 30 years or so. Spending most of the time
in the yard at the homestead, but also spend several weeks a
year living full-time outside -- backpacking/camping in the
area.

I have never seen anything poisonous.

Anyone in SE Ohio got legitimate evidence of such? Not the
friend-of-a-friend stuff, but real, hard, first-hand evidence?

I live in Texas where they say there are all these poison snakes. I
do have many snakes in my gardens, but mostly corn and rat snakes, not
poisonous and when I come across them they go the other direction.

I also think many of these stories are mythos.