Old 14-06-2006, 10:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Default Not so.Yellow Ogon

Koi-Lo wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Koi-Lo wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Over the last 24 hours, my two Yellow Ogon have turned a darkish
grey, except their tails.
We had storms and torrential rain yesterday, and water temp had
dropped 4 degrees in that time.
Could that be the problem? Will it reverse?? Other ideas??
======================
I have yellow Ogon and never saw this happen after a heavy rain and
temperature drop. I never saw it happen in their fry either. My
biggest koi, a female 7 or 8 years old, is a yellow Ogon. Her color
never changes. Please post back if you discover what caused the
change of color. I'm curious.......

I'm only a few months into pond/fish keeping. I'm not keen on
netting them for a better look, in case the stress is detrimental.
All the fish were slow to eat tonight............never known that
before. I'll test the water tomorrow evening (I'm in London UK).
--
ßôyþëtë

==========================
If something is wrong you may not want to wait that long. Loss of
appetite is not a good sign. That and changing color that quickly
would have me out there running every test I have. Could the
torrential rain have caused a serious rapid drop in PH and TDS (total
dissolved solids)? Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't wait.

I don't know..........that's why I asked........I'm new to this. It's 10pm
here, I'm I have to go to bed .....up at 5am for work.
All the fish did eat eventually.........all the food given. I'll visually
check them before I go tomorrow. Thanks for your input
--
ßôyþëtë