Old 18-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Zeuspaul

Default fastest growing trees?

HI HI- wrote:

just curious as to what trees grow fastest? i love trees and want to plant them in my yard. only problem is i dont want to wait long for them to grow. i would get them big then plant them but i dont have a truck to get them to my house so i have t

o buy small. what are some nice trees that grow fast?
thanks for the input.

I have a Silver Dollar Eucalyptus tree that has grown about six feet per year for the last two years. Also California pepper trees at about five feet per year. I find both to be attractive trees. However they need to be planted in different places as th
ey have different characteristics. There are a lot of
considerations in tree selection. Speed of growth is low on my priority list.

I have better luck planting smaller trees. The small ones seem to catch up to the bigger ones in about three years.

Zeuspaul