Old 15-06-2006, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley

Default How can I recycle my turf?

Largeloins wrote:
Do anyone know the easiest/best way to recycle newly cut turf(sod) as I
have just cut out some flower beds and have loads of turf as a result.
I want to reuse it if possible as it has a lot of good soil attched to
it. It's currently grass side down in stacks.

I thought I heard some time ago about an "off the shelf" mixture which
kills the grass and roots thus breaking it down - but that's all I can
remember.

thanks

If you want to reuse the dirt just leave the turf upside down and the
grass will wilt and die. Leave it long enough and it will turn into a
layer of compost. At any rate the dirt will be reusable without the
grass coming up again if done properly.

George