Old 15-06-2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lone Gunner

Default Pump for bird bath?

Still yet again Caroyln Gulley aka Koi-Lo utilizes what others have
posted to make a post in her own name..
Perhaps a few facts did I say a few, well lets say perhaps some facts
are in order to fully understand Carol Gulley and her ways. Stay tuned
I'll post some later on today thats sure to get your interests sparked
;-)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:53:22 -0500, "Koi-Lo" wrote:

"Angela Marsh" wrote in message
.97.142...
We have a small stream running next to the house and would like to put a
bird bath in our yard near it.

Would it be possible to find an *inexpensive* pump that could pump water
from the stream into the birdbath?

What do you consider inexpensive and where will the overflow go?

The only problem is that it needs to go about 30 feet, and over a 4' earth
berm. Can small inexpensive pumps do that?

That would take more than an inexpensive little pump. Do you have
electricity available out by the stream?

Does it have to be a submersible pond pump or can it be something else?

I think it would be hard to find an inexpensive pump to pull or push water
over a 4' berm then 30 feet along the ground, then up a few feet into a
birdbath. And you don't want a swamp around the birdbath so some kind if
drainage is needed.

Suggestions?