Old 15-06-2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lone Gunner

Default Not so.Yellow Ogon

Hello there sissy boy pete
See what urinating in your pond does, it makes the fishes color fade
out. Shitting in the water causes different problems so thats not the
cause.

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:31:22 +0100, "BoyPete"
wrote:

~ janj wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:09:03 +0100, "BoyPete"
wrote:

Over the last 24 hours, my two Yellow Ogon have turned a darkish
grey,
except their tails. We had storms and torrential rain yesterday, and
water temp had dropped 4 degrees in that time. Could that be the
problem? Will it reverse?? Other ideas??

Usually sudden color changes are related to water quality. So it will
be interesting to see what your's tests out to be. Besides pH you'll
need to test KH, buffering. Not enough buffering causes pH to crash.
~ jan --------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

PH 8/Ammonia 0/nitrite 0/nitrate 0. I don't have a test for KH.
However, one Ogon is beggining to return to it's proper colour, the other
remains dark grey except it's tail. I'm still going with the torrential rain
theory.....it mutr have been icey cold, and the water level rose by approx
an inch. All fish fed well, and normally tonight.