Old 15-06-2006, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Geranium identity questions

As a previous customer of Bakker and Parkers I have ended up with some plants
that are not exactly what i ordered, but that are now growing happily in my
garden nevertheless. In the case of the Geraniums I'd like to identify what
I've got. But I'm not sure how variable these plants are supposed to be.
I've seen mention of Geranium flower colour being variable- but is the leaf
shape also variable?

One Geranium I've got here looks like it might be Berti Krug, very short with
with bluish-purplish flowers of the right shape and purplish-greeny-brown
leaves, but the SHAPE of the leaves is totally different from the pictures
I've seen. These leaves are very pointy and not rounded at the tips like the
leaves Berti Krug apears to have in pictures I've seen. They are similar in
shape to the leaves of Johnson's Blue. And I can't find any similar Geranium
described.

I need a good Geranium book....

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)