Old 16-06-2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Richard

Default what kind of vegetable would you recommend to grow in front yard?

"James" wrote in news:1150363633.495436.168110
@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Mark wrote:
The only place that is flat in my yard is in the front yard.
I want to grow some vegiatables.
What would you recommend to grow in front yard, so it is edible and
looks good enough not to **** homeowner asscociation?

I second Okra. It's tall and have nice flowers.

Scarlett Runner Beans, Hyacinth Beans also have nice flowers.

Prickly Pear Cactus

Figs.

I'd add peppers (bell and hot) to the list. And if the HOA says something,
you can always say 'Well, they were *supposed* to be the ornamental
christmas light type peppers. I guess someone at the big box store swapped
tags on me, I'll have to give them a piece of my mind, thank you"