Old 16-06-2006, 02:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
mm

Default How to get rid of geese

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:52:35 -0400, Tom The Great
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:09:37 -0400, mm
wrote:

The family of a friend has a tiny (2 1/2 small rooms) house on a river
that feeds the Chesapeake Bay. They've had this for 40 years but
starting last year, geese started hanging out there.

Now it is worse, with poop all over the grass and the steps.

Any way to get rid of geese?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Someone told me, that if put stakes every several feet and string
fishing line between them, the geese have a differcult time getting
out and in the water. They can fly over it, but for somereasont they
are wired to hang out at water they can flee to, or from, without
flying.

Might want to look into this.

I'm sending this to my friend as I send it back to you.

Definitely sounds worth trying.

To Chas, Sorry, shooting them and eating them are not options, and
there are a lot of them. Not on their land which is tiny and only
holds several, but if one is removed, there are more on the water or
in the air to take his place.

hth,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com