Old 16-06-2006, 02:35 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

Default How to get rid of geese

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Eliminate their food source. Maybe an application of a broadleaf weed
killer will work. Bonide makes a good one.

Cooking a goose is not recommended. We did this for Christmas about 10
years ago. Goose is *very* fatty and really cruds up the oven. Eating
the fat will provide lots of energy if you are out working in the fields,
but today that is not the case.

Geese eat just about anything they can pick up. Broadleaf weed killer won't
do much in a lawn, but a broad spectrum herbicide will. Kill the lawn-geese
are gone.
A fortune awaits anyone who invents an SPCA approved goose repellant.
Cooking a goose is much recommended over eating it uncooked. If you review
my first reply you will notice smoked goose, which is normally done outside
in a "smoker". It's quite good and the fat for the most part is left in the
smoker.

Chas Hurst wrote:
"mm" wrote in message
The family of a friend has a tiny (2 1/2 small rooms) house on a river
that feeds the Chesapeake Bay. They've had this for 40 years but
starting last year, geese started hanging out there.

Now it is worse, with poop all over the grass and the steps.

Any way to get rid of geese?

A dog works well. Or shoot them. Unlike woodchuck, smoked goose is
considered by yuppies (I was once a yuppy) to be a delicacy.