Old 18-03-2003, 02:56 AM

Default Spring Cleaning Good or Bad?

if the bottom is mucked up, remove the fish. dont move them until the water has been
above 55oF for 10 days and the fish been on romet B or other antibiotic food for that
long. they need a functional immune system. dont fill the pond with cold water and
plunk the warmed up fish back into it. Ingrid

(MC) wrote:

I had quite a few leaves make there way into my small pond in the
fall. The water looks a little brown now. In the spring, should I do a
serious of water changes or take out the Koi and drain it completely
to clean out all the muck and everything? The pond is 1 year old. I
don't know if completely draining it will do more harm than good
(stress on fish, etc.)