Old 15-06-2006, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Bacon

Default Slugs'n'Snails - wired?

fenwoman wrote:
Nick Byford wrote...
We tried everything to deter slugs and snails and have found that sadly,
it's down to the old blue pellets. They are so far, the only thing that
has
worked. Baby Bio make pellets that they say have an animal deterrant in
them so that cats and dogs don't eat them, but our lupins have really
benefitted from them this year.

So you have tried the copper wire and it didn't work???

I hope it will work - it would last for a very long time (copper
has been found "native", i.e. as metal, naturally occurring) and
as I've got a quantity of "old" cable it would be a good use
for it!