Old 16-06-2006, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Rocket potato when to harvest

On 16/6/06 06:48, in article , "Janet
Galpin" wrote:

The message
from "Paul" contains these words:

I planted some rocket potato's on my veg plot they have grown well and now
have flowers on them, when is the best time to harvest them?. do I have to
wait for the leaves to die or can they be dug up now?

Paul

No, you don't have to wait for the leaves to die and if they have
flowers I'd try an exploratory dig. I've been digging my earlies for
about a week (S. Lincs) so if you got them in in good time (in March)
they could well be ready.

We had a 'feed' of Home Guard last night - absolutely delicious and from
Growbags, too.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk