Old 16-06-2006, 11:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott

Default More snakes in the garden

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I went next door to sit with neighbor and watch the kids play. We walk

over
to her old garden, now a holding bed. We notice a long snake, brown and

tan
in the compost bin.

....snip.....

Lets capture it - get a container with a lid. She grabs a plastic storage
tote.
"Hey - B..., you're a man - grab it and dump it in"

Let me get this right. You collectively have no idea if this snake is
dangerous nor how to properly handle it. But you tell the male present that
HE must do something about it, although he clearly is smarter than you all.

Might I suggest that you let natural selection take its course in future and
the curious one pick up the unknown snake and play with it. You (the
neighbour) would like to be famous wouldn't you (she)? You could be in the
annual Darwin awards.

David