Old 16-06-2006, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default Rocket potato when to harvest

Paul wrote:
"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
The message
from "Paul" contains these words:

I planted some rocket potato's on my veg plot they have grown well and
now
have flowers on them, when is the best time to harvest them?. do I have
wait for the leaves to die or can they be dug up now?
Paul

No, you don't have to wait for the leaves to die and if they have
flowers I'd try an exploratory dig. I've been digging my earlies for
about a week (S. Lincs) so if you got them in in good time (in March)
they could well be ready.

Janet G

Thanks for the replies
I worked out last night we planted them mid April so i will leave them be
for a couple of weeks.

Paul.

Gently scratch around, my earlies had not started flowering and I have
been digging them for over a week. Of course the quantity and sizes are
not as high as leaving them, but I grow earlies for the taste, small is
good.