Old 16-06-2006, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Rocket potato when to harvest

"Sacha" wrote after..
"Janet Galpin" replied to
from "Paul"

I planted some rocket potato's on my veg plot they have grown well and
now
have flowers on them, when is the best time to harvest them?. do I have
wait for the leaves to die or can they be dug up now?

Paul

No, you don't have to wait for the leaves to die and if they have
flowers I'd try an exploratory dig. I've been digging my earlies for
about a week (S. Lincs) so if you got them in in good time (in March)
they could well be ready.

We had a 'feed' of Home Guard last night - absolutely delicious and from
Growbags, too.

That's showing off, it's how they grow them so perfect for shows.
We have started digging ours, Vanessa has grown well, has large haulms and
has proved an excellent cropper with the spuds all close to the main stem.
The little spuds are, unusually, a nice shade of pink with a good taste. The
other one we are trying this year, Princess, isn't so well advanced, which
is good as it extends the season.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden