Old 16-06-2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful

Default gloxinia question

"GH" wrote in message
oups.com...
So the stems never went dark brown on your plants? Two of mines have
stopped flowering but they are growing new leaves and stalks and part
of the old stem is brown and wilting.

Eventually as I dried them off the stems would darken and shrivel. I would
gently remove them just above the tuber or bulb. Mine didn't grow new
leaves until they were replanted and watering begun again. I think maybe
you didn't allow them to go into their rest period but are forcing growth by
watering them when they should be resting.