Old 17-06-2006, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Help with raised beds and preventing weeds/bermuda grass...

"Ima Googler" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm thinking of building some raised garden beds, about 12 inches deep.
Does anyone know if that is deep enough to discourage the bermuda
grass and other weeds from creeping in?

I plan on putting down a few layers of brown paper bags and newspaper
so hopefully that will help too. Any other suggestions on keeping the
invasive grass out of my raised beds? (Or is it a lost cause and I
just need to get used to pulling the bermuda runners?)

Doesn't really matter if you get rid of one weed because there will always
be another. Always. Maybe you don't really want to garden?