Old 17-06-2006, 11:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Vivek.M

Default New member from Bangalore, India.

Hello Janet,
Many thanks!! The RHS web site is pretty good - i found
some interesting stuff on cultivating prunes! I'm dead keen on
raspberry and plum cultivation for obvious reasons *grin*. I suppose
it's well worth the risk - after all, i'm not keen on flowers, or
having a pretty garden; I dislike vegetables and get my fair share of
veggies anyways ( via the parent process - Ugh! ). If the plants don't
turn out okay i'll just chop them down and plant something else!

Oh! And Cocoa..err..Coco? I'm learning cooking so it will be fun to
experiment and make tasty stuff ! We have heaps of place in the
backyard and i bet i could fit in lots of bushes..about 4000 Sq
Feet..Anyway..

I found another web site that offers international shipping and cheap
too! Check out: "http://www.thompson-morgan.com/". The nice thing about
them is this - They waive the most expensive pkt of seeds that you buy!
Now the funny thing is this - If you order just one packet of seeds,
well it gets waived *grin*; Isn't technology wonderful?
Anyway i shall let them know once i've screwed them out of some
Strawberry seeds .
Shipping is cheap as well; only pound 0.99 which is like 80 odd bucks.

Before you start, it would be worth reading up on how climate and
season affects plants, to give yourself a better understanding of their
needs.

Where? RHS? I found there "Advice" link more useful than their
"Learning" link. Most of it is offline learning (Courses and paperback
books and Research)
Take a look at: "http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Electronics" Now
substitute "Electricity" with "Cultivar" and "Capacitor" with
"Hybrid" and you'll see what i'm looking for !