Old 17-06-2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Volcanic orchid [Summer1964] ID help?

Agreed Eric, but that does not rule out the presence of non-natives,
especially in an environment as conducive to their growth as the "Big
Island" offers.

In other words, answering the original query, it could be (almost) anything!

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
It's my understanding that there are only 4 species of orchids native to
the Hawaiian Islands and all four are not very showy.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
I don't know what could be native to the islands. I have seen write
ups that say all orchids were imported and some that say there were a