Old 17-06-2006, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default RHS Colour charts

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/6/06 13:42, in article

,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

Anyone got access to the full version? Am trying to settle a dispute

about a
white rose 'La Perle' and am having trouble persuading someone there is

more
than one shade of white! and that 'La Perle' is not a yellow rose. If I

am
to quote numbers I would as soon they be correct :~)
(I just remember there are pages of them, broken down into green whites,
cream whites, blue whites etc)

Yes, Charlie, Ray has that set of different coloured cards in a green box.
How can we help?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Just an idea how many shades of white are given would be usefull,
If you have the time you could try comparing the on screen picture at
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/roses/rlaperle.htm its a good likeness this end! I
just want to be sure that it comes up as a white rose and not a yellow one
(I know the buds are a soft yellow but the flowers are a lovely cream white.
(You may of course know the rose?)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk