Old 18-06-2006, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Your Name Here

Default Clematis Vine

Thanks for the info, but I guess my primary question was not answered. Will
more stems eventually grow out of the root ball or will all future growth
spring from the only stem remaining on this plant? Remember, I have no
experience with this or any other type of vine.

In article zDXkg.49046$ZW3.7245@dukeread04, domain
says...

Last month I bought two Jackman Clematis vines in 2 gallon containers.
One is doing fine, but the other, planted four feet away, has lost two of
the three main stems the plant had when I bought it. I've never had
vines before, so before I panic and replace the troublesome vine, I need
to know whether all future growth will come from that one stem only, or
will additional stems start growing from the root ball? If you want, you
can e-mail me at
Thanks!