Old 17-06-2006, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default RHS Colour charts

On 17/6/06 15:37, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 17/6/06 08:15, in article ,
No, I don't know the rose but there is no doubt it's white. Have a look

at
the David Austin site too, BTW.
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl....asp?showr=917
The white group in the RHS colour chart is in Fan 4 and runs as follows:
White group, Greyed-White, Green-White, Yellow-White, Orange-White. Each
card has 4 shades on it and on printing off your pic and looking at that

and
the screen picture, I have no doubt in saying that it's in White Group and
looks most like 155D. The centre appears to fall into the Yellow-White
Group 158 and is 158A. Naturally, colour registers can alter things but
this is most certainly not a yellow rose!
However, there IS a pale yellow tea rose called Perle des Jardins, bred by
Levet and my guess is that your interlocutor might be thinking of that

one?
--

Many thanks for all that. It is a customer who wanted a white rose, we sold
them 'La Perle' 2 years ago and we have recently received a letter claiming

How fortunate it is that we don't do a great number of roses!! And they've
waited TWO years? Hmmmmm.....!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk