Old 17-06-2006, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Memorial plant

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
A friend has asked me to plant something in our garden, in memory of
her daughter who died recently. (Lovely idea). The garden is coastal,
sunny and windy with a mild winter climate. Can anyone recommend any
plants (not trees) suited to that situation, named Caroline?

The only one that immediately springs to mind is a Rose called
Caroline Victoria which may fit the bill.
A few bits and pieces about it on Google.
Do roses thrive in your area?

There's a lilac-pink Campanula glomerata named Caroline.

http://www.floraselect.co.uk/index.p...hop_cat_id=139

http://www.bethchattoshop.co.uk/shop/6/50/

And Lockyers list a Fuchsia Caroline, although it's a half hardy
variety.
http://www.tdbr17625.pwp.blueyonder....talogue.html#C

--
Sue