Old 18-06-2006, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul E. Lehmann

Default How to Kill a Tree

There are a couple trees on unkept city property adjacent to my house. The city does not maintain this area at. A few years ago they ojected to me cutting down a few trees even though they don't mow or even pick up trash and litter in this area and the trees were trash trees. Before they found out that I had cut them down I had already replanted with Cherry tree and other attractive trees.

There are still a couple trees that are shading my backyard vineyard. I believe they are black locust. Is there an easy way to kill these trees? They are at least 40 feet tall and probably close to 8 to 10 inches in diameter. I would like to turn them into woodpeckers heaven - dead trees.