Old 18-06-2006, 12:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

Default Clematis Vine

Your Name Here wrote in

Thanks for the info, but I guess my primary question was
not answered. Will more stems eventually grow out of the
root ball or will all future growth spring from the only
stem remaining on this plant? Remember, I have no
experience with this or any other type of vine.

it should grow more stems from the root ball each year. you
might want to baby it a bit this summer, keeping it watered &
mulched so it doesn't dry out & get further stressed.
i've bought some pretty sad looking close-out clematis & had
them survive. it may take it a few years to recover & catch up
with the other one though.
lee