Old 18-06-2006, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Redman

Default Electric Tiller

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , notpastityet?
writes

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , OhNo
writes

" notpastityet?" wrote in message
Has anyone got one of these? How do they perform? How light are they

use?

I saw an advert in the Garden News and wondered if it was worth

getting
at
£50.

waste of £50........they will hardly scratch the surface.

You've either never owned one or have incredibly hard compacted soil. I
have an electric Mantis tiller. It copes well with weeds, digs
comfortably to a depth of 10", produces a lovely tilth, weighs just 9.5
kg, and I'm absolutely delighted I bought one last year.

I didnt know Mantis did an electric one? I have seen their petrol driven
one and thought about it but read ( here) that it had engine problems (
you have to mix the oil/ petrol prior to it going into the tank.).

If its not a rude question, how much did your electric mantis cost?

They've done an electric one for a while now.

see: www.mantis-uk.co.uk for current prices

--
Malcolm

How much!!!!! Christ, you'd be cheaper hiring one.

Redman