Old 18-06-2006, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default How to Kill a Tree

Paul E. Lehmann wrote:
There are a couple trees on unkept city property adjacent to my house.
The city does not maintain this area at. A few years ago they ojected
to me cutting down a few trees even though they don't mow or even pick
up trash and litter in this area and the trees were trash trees. Before
they found out that I had cut them down I had already replanted with
Cherry tree and other attractive trees.

There are still a couple trees that are shading my backyard vineyard. I
believe they are black locust. Is there an easy way to kill these
trees? They are at least 40 feet tall and probably close to 8 to 10
inches in diameter. I would like to turn them into woodpeckers heaven -
dead trees.

One copper nail.

Bill

--