Old 18-06-2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Default Water Hyacinth (Part 2) - water hyacinths (there are 2 kil-los here)

What would it take to starve out you CArol?

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:05:00 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢ wrote:

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"BB" wrote in message
.125.201...
FINALLY got my hands on some WH a bit ago. Darn things are a good 18
inches across!! I ain't never seen 'em that big before...

Anyway, how long before the three I got start really sucking up the
nutrients that are currently feeding my algae? (It's only about 70-80
gallons of pond...) The algae does make a really nice mulch around the
plants around the pond, though...

--Bryan (who's doing his part in keeping the pond-posts in the pond
group... )

They will start immediately. As for starving out the algae, that would
mainly depend on how nutrient rich your little pond is when you add them.
Do a few 30 to 50% water changes to make it easier and faster for the WH to
remove what's produced by the critters, and to soak up whatever nutrients
are left.