Old 18-06-2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
BB

Default Water Hyacinth (Part 2)

~ janj wrote in
:

Anyway, how long before the three I got start really sucking up the
nutrients that are currently feeding my algae?

Right away, though part of their anti-algae action is when they produce
more shading out the algae below. Btw, what is your pH? ~ jan
--------------

Ok, I probably should have been a little clearer. I meant, how long
before I really start to notice a difference in the algae. (I think I'm
seeing a difference today, but not sure.)

And I'm not sure what my pH is. My testing kits got sorta water logged
over the winter and I haven't yet replaced 'em. But it's on well water
and I flood it out occasionally (only about 10% each time) into the lawn.

I *do* know from the past that the well water is a bit on the hard side.
The pH is a little on the high side. Naturally, no chlorine or the like.

--Bryan

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *