Old 18-06-2006, 09:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Default Water Hyacinth (Part 2)

I still say your a liar.

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:52:53 GMT, BB
wrote:

~ janj wrote in
:

But I've never seen a 18" WH, too.

If it is crowded it will easily grow up rather than out. I'm wondering
if that is why BB's is so large. Leggy, rather than an 18" clump? ~

They're leggy. The little bulbs at the base of the leaves are *REALLY*
stretched out and the leaves themselves are pretty darn big, too. A little
smaller than my fist. (Of course, since you don't know how bit my fist is,
that's a useless measurement. ) Each WH plant has only about 5-6
leaves on it. With another on the way, I might add.

--Bryan (who now wants a bigger pond and almost got a free, used hot tub
offa Craig's list for it....)