Old 18-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Allegra

Default No more roses, I mean it this time...

"Mike" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, "Allegra" wrote:

Where the heck is Spring?

It's in Texas right now. Headin' your way shortly.

- snip some wonderful stuff about our mutual passion -

I think I may have to buy the empty lot next door.

Mike

Oh, Mike! it sounds gorgeous. If I go half with you can I have half
of the lot next door? What wouldn't I give for a lot next door...
We keep on taking down things, moving plants, we decided that
both Duddley (L.D. Braithwhite) and The Baron (de l'Ain) need
to go to the other end. Too much sun and they burn, last year
was a good example of how the climate has changed here in Oregon.

The deep reds took a turn to the brown and it didn't matter how
much the soaking hoses ran day and night, there was just not
making them happy. So there is a sheltered area at the end of
one of the beds on the east side and there they will be moved
shortly. Our Abbe has become one of our favorites and again
for reasons that escape me, it seems to be happier here than
in California according to other people who tried to grow him
there.

You are going to love Celestial! it is such a gorgeous rose.
We just bought something called an English Garden Outdoor
gazebo (as if there are any indoor ones) made of black iron
and the top is made of Sunbrella fabric in a cafe au lait color.
It is either 10 by 10 or 12 by 12, I don't remember, but the
corners are quite elaborate and perfect to have roses climbing
up and around them.So, I am putting Celestial in one side
and St. Swithum in the other. The combination of the pinks
and the black and light brown is going to be quite attractive
I think, and Celestial's fragrance is enough to make you
want to linger by for some time. She is so beautiful, you
are never going to regret having her around.

We are waiting for Pickering's to get over the snow
and ice and send the rest of the order. I am afraid all of the
new roses will have to be inside Leonard's bathtubs. We
truly are out of space and BH won't let me get rid of the
garage. Now this one I truly don't understand, it may be
a guy sort of thing, don't you think? Don't answer that.

Allegra